What is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is a mixture of proteins segregated from whey, that is the liquid part of milk that separates during cheese production. The whey protein is one of the main proteins in milk, and the other protein is called casein.
There are several types of whey protein. Their primary difference is in the way they have been processed.
Below are the three different types of Whey protein available in the market –
- Whey Protein Concentrate which has about 70–80% protein, 8-10% fat and some amount of lactose (milk sugar). Among all the three types of whey protein, this tastes the best.
- Whey Protein Isolate – It has 90% protein or may be higher, contains less amount of lactose and only 2-5% fat content. A very good protein for weight watchers
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate – It is also known as hydrolyzed whey. This type of protein is predigested so that it gets absorbed faster. It causes a 28–43% spike in insulin levels than isolate. It contains the highest amount of fat.
INLIFE Whey Protein Powder supplement is a combination of Whey Protein Isolate, Concentrate & Hydrolysate. It is enriched with digestive enzymes and serves around 24gms of protein and 6gms of BCAA per serving (35g); making it a highly effective product for muscle gain and synthesis.
INLIFE Whey Protein has the following benefits:
Helps to Boost Your Protein and BCAA Intake
- Proteins are the building blocks of the human body.
- There are used to make various important things like tendons, organs and skin as well as hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters and various molecules.
- Some amino acids are produced by the body cells, while others are supplied by the food eaten. The ones taken from foods are termed as essential amino acids.
- Proteins that supply all nine essential amino acids are the best and INLIFE Whey Protein powder is loaded with them.
- Whey protein is high in branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) like leucine contains a high amount of cysteine. Leucine is the greatest anabolic (growth-promoting) amino acid and cysteine aids in boosting levels of the cellular antioxidant- glutathione.
- Whey protein is especially effective in stimulating growth in humans. In fact, mother’s breast milk is 60% of whey when compared to cow’s milk which is 20%.
How Whey Protein Powder Aids in Increasing Muscle Mass and Strength
The perfect use of whey protein supplements is for the purpose of increasing muscle mass and strength.
Whey protein powder is popular among athletes, bodybuilders, fitness models and people looking to improve their performance in gym/fitness centers.
Different Ways in which Whey Protein Powder Promotes Muscle Strength
- Building blocks: It provides protein and amino acids which serve as building blocks for increased muscle growth and bodybuilding.
- Stimulating Hormones: It increases the release of anabolic hormones that can stimulate muscle growth, such as insulin.
- Muscle Protein Synthesis: Leucine is high in the amino acid which is known to stimulate muscle protein synthesis at the molecular and genetic level.
- Fast digestion: Whey protein is absorbed and utilized very quickly compared to other types of protein.
Whey protein particularly works on increasing the muscle growth when it is consumed right before, after or during a workout. Muscle protein synthesis is usually consistent in the time period after training.
Other Health Benefits of Whey Protein
Whey protein is more than just a high quality protein source, it also incorporates other beneficial nutrients. Beyond just muscle strength and lean muscle mass, whey protein also adds numerous other health benefits.
It helps in lowering blood pressure, blood sugar and reducing symptoms of stress and depression.
It also protects against cancer, reduces symptoms of hepatitis, increases bone mineral density and improves immune function in HIV patients.
INLIFE Whey protein is an exceptionally healthy way to add more protein to your diet. It is a quality protein source that is absorbed and properly utilized by the human body.
When it comes to muscle gain and body cutting protein is the king of nutrients and whey protein seems to be even better than other forms of quality protein.
Directions: Add 1 (one) rounded scoop of INLIFE Whey Protein to a glass filled with 150 ml. of water, milk or your favourite beverage and then add 1 or 2 ice cubes. Mix it up with a spoon and stir for about 20-30 seconds or until the powder is completely dissolved.
Suggested Intake: Consume daily as prescribed on the label of the product. Tastes best when consumed with cold milk.